I am interested in exotic plant invasion and impacts on native communities. Specifically, My research focuses on understanding how plants invade new areas by releasing of exotic allelochemicals (Allelopathy). I am also interested on potential uses for the allelopathic compounds.
- Lorenzo, Paula; Pereira, Carla Sofia; Rodriguez-Echeverria, Susana (2013) Differential impact on soil microbes of allelopathic compounds released by the invasive Acacia dealbata Link. Soil Biology & Biochemistry. 57, 156-163. (see details)
- Rodriguez-Echeverria, Susana; Afonso, Catarina; Correia, Marta; Lorenzo, Paula; Roiloa, Sergio R. (2013) The effect of soil legacy on competition and invasion by Acacia dealbata Link. Plant Ecology. 214, 9, 1139-1146. (see details)
- Lorenzo, Paula; Rodriguez-Echeverria, Susana; Freitas, Helena (2013) No allelopathic effect of the invader Acacia dealbata on the potential infectivity of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi from native soils. European Journal Of Soil Biology. 58, 42-44. (see details)
- Lorenzo, Paula; Pazos-Malvido, Eva; Rubido-Bara, Margarita; Reigosa, Manuel J.; Gonzalez, Luis (2012) Invasion by the leguminous tree Acacia dealbata (Mimosaceae) reduces the native understorey plant species in different communities. Australian Journal Of Botany. 60, 8, 669-675. (see details)
- Lorenzo, Paula; Rodriguez-Echeverria, Susana (2012) Influence of soil microorganisms, allelopathy and soil origin on the establishment of the invasive Acacia dealbata. Plant Ecology & Diversity. 5, 1, 67-73. (see details)
- Lorenzo, P.; Pazos-Malvido, E.; Reigosa, M. J.; Gonzalez, L. (2012) New Sloped Box method to study allelopathic effects of Acacia dealbata under competitive interactions. Allelopathy Journal. 29, 2, 271-285. (see details)
- Lorenzo, P; Rodriguez-Echeverria, S; Gonzalez, L; Freitas, H (2010) Effect of invasive Acacia dealbata Link on soil microorganisms as determined by PCR-DGGE. Applied Soil Ecology. 44, 3, 245-251. (see details)