- Marchante, H.; Morais, M.C.; Gamela, A. & Marchante, E. (in press (2016)) Using a WebMapping platform to engage volunteers to collect data on invasive plants distribution. . Transactions In Gis. . (see details)
A Traveset, C Tur, K Trøjelsgaard, R Heleno, R Castro-Urgal, J Olesen (in press) Global patterns of mainland and insular pollination networks.
Global Ecology And Biogeography.
L Silva, A Coutinho, R Heleno, P Tenreiro, J Ramos (in press) Dispersal of fungi spores by non-specialized flower-visiting birds.
Journal Of Avian Biology.
- RODRÍGUEZ-ECHEVERRÍA, S., TEIXEIRA, H., CORREIA, M., TIMÓTEO, S., HELENO, R., OPIK, M., MOORA, M. (2017) Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi communities from tropical Africa reveal strong ecological structure. New Phytologist. 213, 380-390. (see details)
A Gil, R Ceia, R Coelho, J Teodósio, H Sampaio, C Veríssimo, R Heleno, J Ramos, S Timóteo (2016) The Priolo Atlas: a citizen science-based census initiative for supporting Pyrrhula murina habitat conservation and restoration policies in São Miguel Island (Azores, Portugal).
Ecological Engineering. 86, 1, 45-52.
- Antunes, SC; Castro, BB; Dias, MC; Moutinho-Pereira, J; Correia, CM; Claro, MT; Gavina, A; Santos, C; Goncalves, F; Pinto, G (2016) Phytotoxicity of natural soils using physiological and biochemical endpoints reveals confounding factors: can a weight of evidence tackle uncertainty?. Journal Of Soils And Sediments. 16, 3, 785-800. (see details)
- Araújo M, Santos C, Costa M, Moutinho-Pereira J, Correia C, Dias MC (2016) Plasticity of young Moringa oleifera L. plants to face water deficit and UVB radiation challenges. . 162, 278-285. (see details)
Cabral-Oliveira, J.; Pardal, M.A. (2016) Sewage discharges in oceanic islands: effects and recovery of eulittoral macrofauna assemblages.
Journal Of Coastal Conservation. 20, 4,
- Dias MC, Moutinho-Pereira J, Correia C, Monteiro C, Araújo M, Brüggemann W, Santos C. (2016) Physiological mechanisms to cope with Cr(VI) toxicity in lettuce: can lettuce be used in Cr phytoremediation?. 23(15), 15627-15637. (see details)
- Filipe, JC; Jorge, A; Eren, O; Sotes, G; Hierro, J; Montesinos, D (2016) Invasive and non-invasive congeneric Centaurea (Asteraceae) show contrasting patterns of herbivory by snails. Plant Ecology And Evolution. 149, 2, 228-232. (see details)
- Gonçalves A.L., Lírio A.V., Graça M.A.S., Canhoto C. (2016) Fungal species diversity affects leaf decomposition after drought. International Review Of Hydrobiology. 100, 1-9. (see details)
- J. Durán, P. Groffman, J. Morse et al. (2016) Climate change decreases nitrogen pools and mineralization rates in northern hardwood forests. Ecosphere. In press, (see details)
- Joana Cabral-Oliveira, Helena Coelho, João Pratas, Susana Mendes, Miguel A. Pardal (2016) Arsenic accumulation in intertidal macroalgae exposed to sewage discharges. Journal Of Applied Phycology. 28, 6, 3697-3703. (see details)
- Montesinos, D; Castro, S; Rodriguez-Echeverria, S (2016) Two invasive acacia species secure generalist pollinators in invaded communities. Acta Oecologica - International Journal Of Ecology. 74, 46-55. (see details)
- Nunes S, Santos C, Moutinho-Pereira J, Correia C, Oliveira H, Oliveira JMF, Pereira VT, Almeida T, Marum T, Dias MC (2016) Physiological characterization and true-to-typeness evaluation of in vitro and ex vitro seedlings of Pinus elliottii: A contribution to breeding programs. 107, 222-227. (see details)
- Paiva de Carvalho H, Mesquita N, Trovão J, Peixoto da Silva J, Rosa B, Martins R, Bandeira AML, Portugal A (2016) Diversity of fungal species in ancient parchments collections of the Archive of the University of Coimbra. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation. 108, 57-66. (see details)
- Pimentel CS, Gonçalves EV, Firmino PN, Calvão T, Fonseca L, Abrantes I, Correia, O and Máguas C. (2016) Differences in constitutive and inducible defences in pine species determining susceptibility to pinewood nematode. Plant Pathology. (see details)
- Santos, J; Al-Azzawi, M; Aronson, J; Flowers, TJ (2016) eHALOPH a Database of Salt-Tolerant Plants: Helping put Halophytes to Work. Plant And Cell Physiology. 57, 1, (see details)
Timóteo, Sérgio Ramos, Jaime Albino Vaughan, Ian Phillip Memmott, Jane (2016) High Resilience of Seed Dispersal Webs Highlighted by the Experimental Removal of the Dominant Disperser.
Current Biology. 26, 7, 910-915.
- Vasques, AR; Pinto, G; Dias, MC; Correia, CM; Moutinho-Pereira, JM; Vallejo, VR; Santos, C; Keizer, JJ (2016) Physiological response to drought in seedlings of Pistacia lentiscus (mastic tree). New Forests. 47, 1, 119-130. (see details)
- Xiao, S; Callaway, RM; Graebner, R; Hierro, JL; Montesinos, D (2016) Modeling the relative importance of ecological factors in exotic invasion: The origin of competitors matters, but disturbance in the non-native range tips the balance. Ecological Modelling. 335, 39-47. (see details)
(2015) Space, Time and Aliens: charting the dynamic structure of Galápagos pollination networks.
- Buscardo, E; Rodriguez-Echeverria, S; Freitas, H; De Angelis, P; Pereira, JS; Muller, LAH (2015) Contrasting soil fungal communities in Mediterranean pine forests subjected to different wildfire frequencies. Fungal Diversity. 70, 1, 85-99. (see details)
C Esteves, J Costa, P Vargas, H Freitas, R Heleno (2015) On the limited potential of Azorean fleshy fruits for oceanic dispersal.
Cabral-Oliveira, Joana; Pratas, Joao; Mendes, Susana; Pardal, Miguel A. (2015) Trace Elements in Edible Rocky Shore Species: Effect of Sewage Discharges and Human Health Risk Implications.
Human And Ecological Risk Assessment. 21, 1, 135-145.
- Campelo, F; Vieira, J; Battipaglia, G; de Luis, M; Nabais, C; Freitas, H; Cherubini, P (2015) Which matters most for the formation of intra-annual density fluctuations in Pinus pinaster: age or size?. Trees-structure And Function. 29, 1, 237-245. (see details)
- Canhoto C., Gonçalves A.L., Bärlocher F. (2015) Biology and ecological functions of aquatic hyphomycetes in a warming climate. Fungal Ecology. 19, 201-218. (see details)
- Cardoso, J. M. S.; Fonseca, L.; Gomes, P.; Egas, C.; Abrantes, I. (2015) Molecular characterization and functional analysis of a calponin gene from the pinewood nematode. Forest Pathology. 45, 5, 467-473. (see details)
- Carvalho, A; Nabais, C; Vieira, J; Rossi, S; Campelo, F (2015) Plastic Response of Tracheids in Pinus pinaster in a Water-Limited Environment: Adjusting Lumen Size instead of Wall Thickness. Plos One. 10, 8, (see details)
- Cornut J., Ferreira V., Gonçalves A.L., Chauvet E., Canhoto C. (2015) Fungal alteration of leaf litter elemental composition affects shredder feeding activity. Freshwater Biology. 60, 9, 1755-1771. (see details)
- Ferrero, Victoria; Barrett, Spencer C H; Castro, Silvia; Caldeirinha, Patricia; Navarro, Luis; Loureiro, Joao; Rodriguez-Echeverria, Susana (2015) Invasion genetics of the Bermuda buttercup (Oxalis pes-caprae): complex intercontinental patterns of genetic diversity, polyploidy and heterostyly characterize both native and introduced populations. Molecular Ecology. 24: 2143-55, (see details)
Heleno, R; Vargas, P (2015) How do islands become green?.
Global Ecology And Biogeography. 24, 5, 518-526.
- JL Morse, J Durán and PM Groffman (2015) Soil Denitrification Fluxes in a Northern Hardwood Forest: The Importance of Snowmelt and Implications for Ecosystem N Budgets. Oecologia. 18, 3, 520-532. (see details)
- JL Morse, J Durán, F Beall et al. (2015) Soil denitrification fluxes from three northeastern North American forests across a range of nitrogen deposition. Ecosystems. 177, 1, 17-27. (see details)
- L Morillas, J Durán, A Rodríguez et al. (2015) Nitrogen supply modulates the effect of changes in drying-rewetting frequency on soil C and N cycling and greenhouse gas exchange. Global Change Biology. 21, 10, 3854-3863. (see details)
Leal, Sofia; Campelo, Filipe; Luz, Ana Luísa; Carneiro, Maria Fátima; Santos, João Andrade (2015) Potential of oak tree-ring chronologies from Southern Portugal for climate reconstructions.
Dendrochronologia. 35, 4-13.
- Linan, ID; Zorita, E; Gonzalez-Rouco, JF; Heinrich, I; Campelo, F; Muntan, E; Andreu-Hayles, L; Gutierrez, E (2015) Eight-hundred years of summer temperature variations in the southeast of the Iberian Peninsula reconstructed from tree rings (vol 44, pg 75, 2015). Climate Dynamics. 44, 7-8, 2329-2329. (see details)
- Lourenço, A., Esteves, I., Rocha, A., Abrantes, I. and Gomes, C, (2015) Relation between magnetic parameters and nematode abundance in agricultural soils of Portugal-a multidisciplinary study in the scope of environmental magnetism. (see details)
- Ma, Y; Rajkumar, M; Rocha, I; Oliveira, RS; Freitas, H (2015) Serpentine bacteria influence metal translocation and bioconcentration of Brassica juncea and Ricinus communis grown in multi-metal polluted soils. Frontiers In Plant Science. 5, (see details)
- Marchante, H; Marchante, E; Freitas, H; Hoffmann, JH (2015) Temporal changes in the impacts on plant communities of an invasive alien tree, Acacia longifolia. Plant Ecology. 216, 11, 1481-1498. (see details)
Montesinos, D; Fabado, J (2015) Changes in land use and physiological transitions of a Juniperus thurifera forest: from decline to recovery.
Canadian Journal Of Forest Research. 45, 6, 764-769.
P Vargas, Y Arjona, M Nogales, R Heleno (2015) Long-distance dispersal to oceanic islands: success of plants with multiple diaspore specializations.
Aob Plants. 7,
- Pereira CS, Lopes I, Sousa JP, Chelinho S (2015) Effects of NaCl and seawater induced salinity on survival and reproduction of three soil invertebrate specie. 135, (see details)
- Reva, V; Fonseca, L; Lousada, JL; Abrantes, I; Figueiredo, AR; Viegas, DX (2015) Basic density, extractive content and moisture sorption properties of Pinus pinaster wood infected with the pinewood nematode, Bursaphelenchus xylophilus. Journal Of Forestry Research. 26, 1, 233-240. (see details)
- Rodrigues, ET; Pardal, MA (2015) Primary Productivity Temporal Fluctuations in a Nutrient-Rich Estuary due to Climate-Driven Events. Estuaries And Coasts. 38, 1, 1-12. (see details)